(Raleigh, NC) – Triangle Business Journal is pleased to announce the winners of the 2012 Women in Business awards. Some of the Triangle’s most influential and highly accomplished female leaders will be recognized at Triangle Business Journal’s Women in Business Awards event on Thursday, August 23, at the Sheraton Imperial Hotel in Durham.
“This year’s Women in Business winners represent a consummate balance of business success and community building,” says Bryan Hamilton, publisher, Triangle Business Journal. “These are women who have held themselves to extraordinary goals and have persevered through many obstacles to accomplish them.”
The following women business leaders will be honored with a 2012 Women in Business award:
• Brenda Berg, Scandinavian Child
• Rebecca Bottorff, Bandwidth.com
• Janet Cowell, State of North Carolina
• Jackie Craig, The Green Chair Project
• Holly Crumpler, Deloitte
• Sally Edwards, Marbles Kids Museum
• Valoree Eikinas, Mulkey Engineers & Consultants
• Jocelyn Fina, Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice LLP
• Dana Hughens, Clairemont Communications
• Gretchen Joyce, MaxPoint Interactive
• Krystyna Kowalczyk, Novella Clinical
• Trish Markus, Smith Moore Leatherwood LLP
• Katrinka McCallum, Red Hat
• April Mills, Dixon Hughes Goodman LLP
• Gail Mills, Durham Rescue Mission
• Pat Nathan, Dress for Success Triangle
• Patrice Nelson, Urban Ministries of Durham
• Christine Peterson, Risk Management Associates, Inc.
• Kim Saunders, Mechanics & Farmers Bank
• CJ Scarlet, Roving Coach International
• Rusine Mitchell Sinclair, Girl Scouts-North Carolina Coastal Pines (Lifetime Achievement Award)
• Monica Smiley, Enterprising Women
• Betsy Smith, E.L. Smith Consulting
• Debra Townsley, William Peace University
• Maite Vigil, Rocky Top Hospitality
• Carol Wagoner, HCW Employee Benefit Services
Triangle Business Journal will publish an in-depth special section on the Women in Business Awards in its August 24 edition that will feature Q&A’s with all 26 winners.
TBJ’s 2012 Community Partner is Dress for Success – Triangle, who will be accepting donations at Thursday’s event for new or gently used purses. Each purse will contain a note of encouragement from the woman who donated it. It will then be passed on by Dress for Success to women on their way to job interviews.
The 2012 Women in Business Awards program is a Triangle Business Journal event sponsored by Platinum Sponsor, Duke Cancer Institute; Silver Sponsor, Langdon & Company; Reception Sponsors, Grinnell Leadership and Alphanumeric, Inc.; Contributing Sponsor, Articulon along with Community Partner, Dress for Success – Triangle.
About Triangle Business Journal: Triangle Business Journal, a multimedia platform for business intelligence and the publisher of a weekly business newspaper, is the leading provider of local business news for the Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill area of North Carolina. Triangle Business Journal also produces special publications such as SPACE, and Book of Lists. In addition to delivering an award-winning news product, TBJ hosts recognized, sold-out events such as Fast 50, a new Power Breakfast series, 40 under 40, Best Places to Work awards and others. At trianglebusinessjournal.com, you will find daily breaking business news, nomination forms for awards, business event listings and resources for those driven to lead in the Triangle region.