Networking/Netweaving is an integral part of business. A great way to network is to serve on a community or non-profit board.
What are the benefits of serving on a Board?
- You’ll rub shoulders with leaders and influencers in your industry or community and new work opportunities might follow.
- When you’re engaged in something other than your work, people’s perception of you changes. There’s a positive shift in your reputation and credibility.
- Boards are like mini-organizations. It’s a place where you can shine and expand your leadership skills.
- Your communication skills will dramatically improve.
- You’ll get ideas for your own business and career.
- You’ll find mentors and build political capital.
- You’ll enjoy the fulfillment that comes from giving back to the community.
I’m happy to help you find the right fit for the right board for you. Give me a call or email.