That’s in Your Hands
“My boss will not give me a promotion. What can I do?” I hear this frequently from frustrated people in the workforce. Here are a few tips on what you can do to stay current and increase the possibility of getting that promotion you deserve.
1. Take the Strengthsfinder 2.0 assessment. www.gallupstrengthscenter.com/Get_Your_Top_5/Perform_Better. What are your top five strengths? Do you use these strengths in your job? Do you collaborate with others who have different strengths? Does your team and boss know your strengths?
2. Participate in professional development opportunities that focus on your strengths – not your challenges.
3. Ask yourself, “am I in the way of my own career advancement?” If, after consideration, your answer is “yes” create a plan to promote your career advancement.
4. Assess your communication style. Study your boss’s communication style and develop a method to communicate clearly with him/her.
5. Review market changes and make sure you are in sync with them.
Are you ready to take your career into your own hands? Contact me for a twenty minute consultation!