One of the most important qualities of a leader is to be resilient.
The true grit of a leader is not how they perform in the good times but rather how they display emotional strength, courage and professionalism during the most trying times.
- So what kind of resilience can a leader exhibit when there is a corporate takeover?
- Be reassuring yet realistic.Let the people on your team know that you understand their frustration and fear.
- Assure them that they have value to the company.
- Model resilience.
The resilient leader must provide calm and optimism to the people she leads. No matter what the catastrophe might be, hurricane, shooting, earthquake, death of someone. It is imperative that the leader be empathetic and assist those involved to be calm.
Here are 4 traits of a resilient leader:
- Purpose – What’s your why? Why were you put on this earth?
- Social Support – take care of yourself.
- Adaptability – flexibility, some things are beyond your control.