- Attitude – A great leader has a good attitude and expects the same from their team.
- Awareness – Before you can change, or implement change, you must be aware.
- Decisiveness – Lead, follow or get out f the way.
- Empathy – Learn about Emotional Intelligence so that you can understand the emotions of others on your team.
- Accountability – Great leaders hold themselves and others accountable.
- Confidence – “Fake it until you make it.” The more confident to act, the more confident you will become.
- Optimism – Look for and see the positive in every situation. Ask, “what did I learn?”
- Honesty/Trust – The quickest way to lose respect is to break the trust of you team.
- Focus – Stop chasing the next bright, shiny object. Stay focused and help others stay focused as well.
- Motivation – Great leaders enjoy a challenge and have the ability to motivate themselves and others.
- Sense of humor – Lighten up, would you? Laughter really is good for the soul.
- Communication – Take note of your verbal and written communication skills. Increase your awareness of your non-verbal communication.
Check out this video about Good Bosses and Bad Bosses.
Do you want to sharpen your leadership skills? Contact me and let’s discuss how I can help you.